The MRC du Golfe-du-Saint-Laurent is located on the eastern extremity of the North Shore, between the communities of Kegaska and Blanc-Sablon (Municipalities of Côte-Nord-du-Golfe St-Laurent, Gros-Mécatina, Saint-Augustin, Bonne-Espérance, Blanc-Sablon), with a population of 4 100 citizens living on a territory of 65 148.50 square kilometres.
Description of the position:
Reporting to the General Director, the Municipal Development Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist municipalities for the realization of preliminary studies related to infrastructure (water and wastewater), whose objective is the development, upgrading and modernization of infrastructure. This includes identifying needs and obtaining the necessary documents for the full implementation of the projects and the acquisition of the required financing.
- Support municipalities for the contractual management and execution of any construction, rehabilitation or restoration project of various municipal infrastructures. These services could include the validation of preliminary cost and work estimates, support in the preparation of calls for tenders and the analysis of bids received.
- Providing general guidance to ensure an understanding of each technical file, including the offer of basic support and consulting services as required by the municipalities and the MRC, for example, in the preparation, development and implementation of water system projects, water treatment plants and drinking water and wastewater treatment facilities.
See Appendix 1 for complete task description.
The desired candidate must have a minimum of a university degree in civil engineering or any other related field. Experience in the field would be an asset. It is necessary to speak and write French and English.
Additional requirements include:
- Demonstrate initiative and autonomy
- Ability to work in team and have good organizational skills
- Flexibility in the files to be dealt with and the tasks to be accomplished
- A good knowledge of the territory and its communities would be an asset.
Salary offered according to the standards of the profession.
The contract will be awarded as a bank of hours. A current estimate is that an average of 15 – 25 hours per week will be required to fulfill the mandate.
Start date : September 2022
To submit your application, please send your resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact us at the email address above or by phone at 418-787-2020.
On the territory of the MRC du Golfe-du-Saint-Laurent (to be determined) or remotely .
The anticipated starting date will be September 2022.
To submit your candidacy, please send your curriculum vitae:
MRC du Golfe-du-Saint-Laurent
29 Chemin d’Aylmer Sound, bureau 400
P.O. Box 77
Chevery (Quebec) G0G 1G0
Fax: (418) 787-0052
Applications must be received by August 31st, 2022 at 4:45 p.m.
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, but only candidates retained for an interview will be notified.