The MRC du Golfe-du-Saint-Laurent is located on the eastern extremity of the North Shore, between the communities of Kegaska and Blanc-Sablon (Municipalities of Côte-Nord-du-Golfe St-Laurent, Gros-Mécatina, Saint-Augustin, Bonne-Espérance, Blanc-Sablon), with a population of 4 100 citizens living on a territory of 65 148.50 square kilometres.
Description of the position:
Under the authority of the General Director, the person occupying the functions of territorial development agent will have the following responsibilities:
- Gather and lead territorial mobilizations in order to identify common priorities and act on the social determinants of health (for example: transportation project, early childhood support, development of housing projects for seniors, etc.);
- Identify needs in terms of support and accompaniment (training, tools, meetings, priorities, etc.) that can be offered regionally, work in collaboration with the CAR in social development and the TSQvie-09 to advance common territorial priorities requiring the support of these partners and the development of tools, training, etc. at the regional level;
- Support partners in the territory in order to refer them to available assistance for the implementation of their projects;
- Produce a bi-annual report of the actions carried out and the associated costs.
The person required must have, at least, a college diploma in social work, administration, or any other related fields. Experience in a related field would be an asset. The ability to speak and write French and English is necessary.
Additional requirements include:
- To be self-sufficient and have initiative
- Capacity to work in a group and have good organizational skills
- Strong sense of professionnalism, punctuality, rigor and autonomy
- A good knowledge of the territory and its development organizations would be an asset
Salary offered is in accordance with the salary scale in effect.
The weekly work schedule is advantageous and offers a condensed schedule from Monday to Friday at noon.
On the territory of the MRC du Golfe-du-Saint-Laurent (to be determined).
Start date : As soon as possible
To submit your application, please send your resume to : email@example.com
For more information, please contact us at the email address above or by phone at 418-787-2020.
On the territory of the MRC du Golfe-du-Saint-Laurent (to be determined) or remotely .
The anticipated starting date will be September 2022.
To submit your candidacy, please send your curriculum vitae:
MRC du Golfe-du-Saint-Laurent
29 Chemin d’Aylmer Sound, bureau 400
P.O. Box 77
Chevery (Quebec) G0G 1G0
Fax: (418) 787-0052
Applications must be received by September 9th, 2022 at 4:45 p.m.
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, but only candidates retained for an interview will be notified.